Auth0 allows you to configure your own SMTP email provider so you can more completely manage, monitor, and troubleshoot your email communications. Auth0’s built-in email infrastructure should be used for testing emails only.
- To ensure that emails can be sent from Auth0 to your SMTP, open ports and allow inbound connections from specific IP addresses. To update the list of IPs, navigate to Dashboard > Branding > Email Provider. See Add IP Addresses to AllowList for details.
- You must have a TurboSMTP account. If you have a Microsoft Azure subscription, you can get a free account in the Azure Marketplace.
Configure Turbo SMTP
Sign up with Turbo SMTP: https://serversmtp.com/en
- SMTP Name – TurboSMTP
- HOST – pro.turbo-smtp.com
- PORT – 587
- ENCRYPTION TYPE – TLS/SSL
- From Email (Verified in SMTP) – Write the email which you’ve verified in your TurboSMTP account
- USERNAME/API – Write here the login email which you’ve got from your TurboSMTP account.
- Password/Secret KEY – Write here the password which you’ve got from your TurboSMTP account.
You can now send a test email using the Send Test Email button. If you have configured everything correctly, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive an email after a few minutes, please check your Auth0 logs for any failures.