Setting an SMTP server for Apple Mail – the default Mac mail client – is necessary to start sending and delivering your emails: but is also extremely easy. Just follow these simple steps:
1. Open the voice “Preferences” in the “Mail” menu.
2. Open the “Accounts” tab and click on “Server settings”.
3. Fill the “Outgoing mail server” voice with your SMTP server name. If you don’t know it, have a look at our list of SMTP parameters or contact your provider.
4. The default “Port” is 25, but there are also other options: to know, check our article about SMTP ports.
5. Finally, choose if you want to authenticate your mailing or not (and in case fill the “User name” and “Password” field). And that’s it.
Remember however that if you plan to set up an email marketing campaign, you should definitely rely on a professional SMTP server – an outgoing server that will guarantee the higest deliverability for all your messages.
Our service turboSMTP offers you 6.000 free relays/month, forever. Try it now!